The Gold Fever development team has been focusing heavily on delivering the first version of our game for public testing for quite some time now. Significant progress has been made towards the release of the working product, the alpha stage of the Gold Fever game.
We are now delighted to announce that the Gold Fever alpha release is right around the corner. And we are doing a quick guide to help our customers walk through the first stage of this virtual world, which will be full of excitement, adventure, and a well-thought-out economic system that extends way beyond the game and into the real world.
We are distinguishing ourselves from other Massive Multiplayer Online(MMO) games by introducing the aforementioned genuine concept of an in-game economy through built-in blockchain incentives and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) that allow for actual in-game asset ownership, allowing users to have an entirely innovative and immersive experience in which they can make a profit, rather than just paying to play. We truly believe this to be the future of gaming!
The Alpha Stage
In our alpha stage, we will begin to put our long-awaited game into full motion. We will introduce a 4 square km map with up to a 50vs50 player system.
Be aware that it will be challenging to find other players with such dimensions if they are not from your faction, which will add a certain element of mystery and allow players to be slowly introduced to the dynamics of these encounters.
What can you do in the game
- Choose your character — within the Tribal (warrior, sorcerer, forager) or Adventurer (medic, hunter, prospector) factions.
- Swim/run/die — run (sprint) by pressing the Shift key and watch out for crocodiles while swimming in the river. Animal companions like the horse or donkey will also be able to swim.
- Buy weapons/animals/hats/gold tools or other items from traders in the camp — rocker boxes, tents (big items) are placed on the ground. You need to carry them as you will not be able to put them in your inventory.
- Shoot and kill adventurers, tribals, or even endangered animals.
- Rent your animal companion — load them with tools or with a saddle and ride them (stables can be found in the west of the Port House).
- Rent a guard dog — he will follow the player around and bite other players and NPCs on command.
- Build gold exploring tools and use them for extraction — use a bucket to fill them with water + gravel and extract gold (they can be bought from Gold Tools Trader NPC)
- Use a gold pan to extract gold from the rivers, usually found in the corners.
- Install your tent and rest in it (use Survival Trader NPC to buy tents)
- Make camping fire (use your blueprints book)
- Use torch/weapons/ammo (rifle, pistol, knife, axes, bow, spear). These can be purchased in the weapons trader or crafted with the right materials and blueprint. To equip an item from inventory, move it to the Hotbar by right-clicking. Create a primitive spear/bow/shelter tribal (you should buy blueprints from the survival trader and obtain/buy the necessary parts).
- The bow features four types of different arrows (normal, fire, poison, stun). When the bow is equipped, players can change arrow types with the L key. Poison arrows will make other players sick, altering their vision and hindering movement. Stun arrows are perfect for taking enemies prisoners.
- Crafting certain like tents will be shown in red if the place on the ground is not suited for construction (you can not place a tent on the water, for example)
- Load boats with animals/other items — drag animals from the companion slot to the boat cargo slot. For items, drag them from your inventory to the boat cargo.
- Buy/Rent a boat from NPCs — drive a boat by yourself or in a group. Non-drivers can shoot surroundings. Ships and their crew can be shot from the shores. Driving the vessel is done by keeping the A button pressed and paddling left and right with the mouse.
- Loot a dead player/animal is even possible for Tribals to eat other players’ carcasses (animals don’t drop items for now).
- Set up traps — they can be crafted with the right blueprint and necessary ingredients (blueprints menu will show traps in red if the player doesn’t have the required ingredients)
- Heal other players from your tribe — carry the wounded out of enemy sight and heal them (healing kits will be added in the future and, for now, are not needed).
- Climb trees and jump over someone to perform a cool stealth assassination. Almost all trees are climbable, simply get near them and push the Space button. Use W and S keys to move up and down. Move up until the character reaches a branch where he can stand in crouch mode, and then press LMB ( left mouse button ) when an animal or enemy player approaches to perform the stealth kill.
- Fly planes (rent/buy a plane from the NPC on top of the flight tower) — push the A button and use the mouse to steer the plane. Aircraft will not explode or impact all the surroundings. Some aircraft have two seats, one for the pilot and one for a passenger. It will also be possible to load the plane with cargo in the future.
- Access the arena map by pressing the M button — currently not working. Tribals spawn on northern villages while Adventurers spawn near bases.
- Trade with other players by clicking E on a live player
- Chat with other players by pressing enter. Later, private chat, proximity chat, support chat, guild chat, group chat, and adult chat will be introduced.
Some rules/advice for our Alpha players:
- You need a decent computer with a decent graphic card to run the game, especially if you want to record clips from the game.
- In-game days will have a duration of 60 minutes, followed by 10 minute nights.
- Nothing takes place on the blockchain for now. These features will come at later stages.
- Since not all details are polished, you can expect some lag and unusual behavior. The game is a work in progress. If any functions are not working as intended, please report them to the team to fix them in future versions.
- The character models are not fully finished yet, and they will be replaced by Metahumans soon. Once characters are fully rendered, they will show primary weapons being carried on the back.
- The map is 4 km square and designed for a total of 100 players at the same time. Finding other players from a different faction might be challenging.
- The game is a work in progress, and some multiplayer functions may not work as intended yet.
About Gold Fever
Gold Fever is a challenging free-to-play RPG that leverages the power of the blockchain with the creation of a decentralized economy.
Gold Fever, in its essence, is a thrilling and addictive online multiplayer video game, mirroring the physical world into the digital one and allowing players to take actual ownership of scarce in-game items through Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
The Gold Fever economy is a junction of many moving parts that are dynamically adjusted. In Gold Fever, all participants have a seat at the table. Being able to vote and to dictate the future of the game through the governance token. Used for proposals on how to improve/evolve this digital world economy.